Announcements and Important Events
The Pennsylvania Department of Education and subsequently the PIAA provided some updated guidance on the recent mask / face-covering order as follows:
Everyone must wear a face covering, such as a mask, unless they fall under an exception listed in Section 3 of the Order. Coaches, athletes and spectators must wear face coverings unless they are outdoors and can consistently maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet. Athletes are not required to wear face coverings while actively engaged in workouts and competition that prevent the wearing of face coverings, but must wear face coverings when on the sidelines, in the dugout, etc. and anytime 6 feet of social distancing is not possible.
In other words:
- Masks must be worn until further notice.
- The only exception would be when student-athletes are actively engaged in a drill or workout.
- All other times, student-athletes must wear a mask while indoors, including while in the weight room.
- Coaches must wear a mask indoors at all times.
- If 6 foot social distancing is consistently maintained, masks do NOT need to be worn.
- If student-athletes are actively engaged in a drill or workout, masks do NOT need to be worn.
- If student-athletes and/or coaches are on the sideline, on the bench, in the dugout, waiting in line for their turn, etc., masks must be worn if 6 foot distancing cannot be achieved.